Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation Scheme is a seminal document in reforming the evaluation practices in schools. The CDR Wing has published CCE document for Classes 1 to 12 for the School Education Department for implementation in schools.
- Qualitative improvement in education through valuation
- Use grades instead of marks
- Evolve feedback mechanism for teachers, learners and parents by providing them timely corrective measures for improving attainment level of learners
- Use informal means of testing to reduce the anxiety and fear of examinees
- Prepare a profile of the growth and development of every learner
- Evaluate regularity, punctuality, cleanliness, self-control, sense of duty, desire to serve, responsibility, democratic attitude and sensitivity towards environmental concerns
- Evaluate performance periodically and diagnose the areas of difficulty
- Communicate evaluation outcomes in a positive manner
- Develop competence for self-evaluation keeping in view the age of children
- Attain mastery in scholastic, co-scholastic areas, personal and social qualities
Plan remedial measures for learners
During interactive meetings, BOSE received the following feedback about CCE :
- Lack of information about CCE.
- Evaluation practices carried out in schools still traditional.
- Continuous assessment not usually followed in a majority of schools.
- Competencies not assessed through planned procedures of evaluation.
- Formative feedback not provided.
- Learning difficulties not identified.
- Personal and social qualities not considered due to lack of awareness.
- Remedial instruction not provided.